Mead Public Library Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
Monday, September 21st, 2020 at 5:30pm
- Call to Order: Meeting was called to order by President Lee at 5:34pm and she pointed out that the Open Meetings Act Bulletin is displayed on the west wall of the Library.
- Roll Call of Members Present: Lee yes, Grasiani yes, Giorgakopoulos yes, Mayfield absent. Also present was Library Director, Kylie Dorner.
- No visitors to recognize or public items of discussion
- Business Items: We will discuss with members of Friends of Library about possibly having a Fall Book Sale as a fundraiser idea and also making T-shirts available for sale that promote the library. Discussed the rain delay of having the east wall painted.
- Staff Reports: None
- Directors Report: home delivery: 1. OverDrive circulation: 102. In-library circulation: 152. Member amount saved $1,476.59. Daily record: 72 adults, 34 juvenile = 106 patrons. Revenue: $2.00. Volunteer report: no volunteers. Materials requests: 4. Material donations: 2 boxes, and individual through drop box. Dorner created new hours signage and bookmarks and distributed around the Village. Opened a business account with the Bookworm Omaha to support the state economy by purchasing future materials locally (this includes a 20% discount and tax exemption). Programs: Began hosting LIVE virtual storytimes on Facebook, and began our first in-person programming since the pandemic: outdoor, social-distanced storytime in the garden. Dorner has also been drafted to serve as an election worker in Douglas County, and has coordinated with substitutes to operate the Library on Election Day in her absence.
- Board Member Reports: We need to look into the status of our Re-Certification process. Was due by August 31st but with all the problems with Covid-19, we are behind. We will try to promote the Library at the annual Trunk or Treat Halloween Giveaway at the Fire Barn on October 31st. Our Library Director will also find out if we can start up Coffee Hour again amid Covid-19 concerns.
- Approval of Minutes, Bills and Financials, and Monthly Reports for August 2020: Board President Lee. Grasiani yes, Giorgakopoulos yes, Lee yes. Motion carried; meeting adjourned at 6:10pm.
Next regularly scheduled meeting will be Monday, October 19th, 2020 at 5:30pm at Mead Public Library.
Respectfully submitted by Layla Giorgakopoulos, Mead Library Board Secretary.