Mead Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Monday, February 19, 2018 5:30 pm
A. Call to Order at 5:38pm
B. Roll Call of Members Present: Mayfield 2020, Miller 2020 and Lee 2021.
Absent: Giorgakopoulos 2018 & Hagemann 2020.
Library Staff: Moseman and VanAckeren.
C. Recognize Guests/Public Items of Discussion none
D. Staff Reports
1. Spaghetti feed cleared $633.
2. Old Kindles: ideas discussed were donation to school or nursing home,
sell, give to a needy reader.
3. Notice of meeting postings: Jennifer will handle composing and printing for
4. The framing for the front flower bed was damaged. Appears that it was hit
with snowplowing. The sidewalks aren’t being shoveled, the staff is having
to do this. Who is actually responsible for the public sidewalks?
5. Meeting minutes, after final revisions, need to be e-mailed to June.
a. e-mail minutes to board and library.
b. Revise minutes
c. Secretary will Send to June by the last day of the month.
E. Board Member Reports none
F. Approval of Minutes, Bills and Financial, and Monthly Reports for January 2018
Motion by Miller, 2nd by Mayfield. Yay: 3 Nay: 0
G. Business Items
1. Strategic Plan
Continue discussion of Goal 2
At this point, we don’t know if it’s even possible. Laurie will follow up
with Megan Engle at the school. Tabled further discussions.
2. Review Public Relations and Marketing Policy
Policy was reviewed and edits made.
Motion by Mayfield to approve edits and review. 2nd by Lee. Yay: 3 Nay: 0
H. Adjournment at 6:24pm