Mead Public Library Board Minutes
August 17, 2020
Members Present: Jennie Grasiani (2022) Mary Mayfield (2024) and Viki Miller (2020).
Absent: Layla Giorgakopoulos (2022) and Jennifer Lee (2022).
Library Staff Present: Director Kylie Dorner and Aide Roberta Kisling.
- Call to order at 5:35 pm. Grasiani advised of the Open Meeting Act posted on the west wall.
- Staff Reports- Director Dorner stated that during July 2020 we had 206 check outs, 2 of which were curbside and 1 was delivered. Overdrive circulation was 81 ebooks and 37 audiobooks, with a total circulation of 324 materials. Member amount saved was $1,874.52. 143 patrons visited the Library, and 4 boxes of materials were generously donated. Back to school hours were discussed to allocate more time on Saturdays in the Fall to accommodate for a weather-permitting, social-distanced storytime in the garden. New hours will begin September 1, 2020. The Nebraska Library Commission has provided the funding for the continued use of the resource “Reader Zone” through the end of the year for all patrons interested in tracking their reading. Dorner would also like to begin preparations to provide virtual, interactive storytime sessions through the platform Zoom.
- Business items- Motion by Mayfield to purchase a Cricut maker to be used as a technology resource for future programs and services. Second by Miller, Vote: Miller-Yes, Mayfield-Yes, Grasiani-Yes. Motion carried 3-0.
- Board Member Reports- none.
- Approval of Minutes, Bills and Financials, and Monthly Report for July 2020 – Motion by Grasiani, Second by Mayfield, Vote: Miller-Yes, Grasiani-Yes, Mayfield-Yes. Motion carried 3-0.
- Motion to Adjourn at 6:27 pm by Miller, seconded by Mayfield, Grasiani-Yes, Motion carried.
Next regularly scheduled meeting will be Monday, September 21st, 2020 at 5:30 pm.