Mead Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Monday, November 16th, 2020
- Meeting was called to order by President Lee at 5:30pm. She noted that the “Open Meeting Act” bulletin was posted on the wall.
- Roll call was taken: Mayfield present, Grasiani present, Giorgakopoulos present, Lee present, via FaceTime. Also present was Library Director Kylie Dorner.
- No guests were present and there were no public items of discussion.
- Business items: President Lee stated that she had purchased a new exterior door to replace the existing located in the adult fiction and craft room, with maintenance budget funds. The board asked Director Kylie to attend Village Board meetings whenever possible to represent the library.
- No Staff Reports.
- Director’s Report: Director Kylie stated that she had visited with June, at the Village Office, about how money received from donations, book sales and fines were deposited.
She found that the Library’s Finance Policy (which was last reviewed in January of 2019) did not match the current procedure. We visited via Zoom with Scott Childers, Executive Director of the Southeast Library System, about procedures and policy revision. Kylie will begin to review the Finance Policy so it is in accord with the current procedure for depositing, and will present it to the Library Board at a future meeting.
Director Kylie also mentioned that the program attendees of Coffee Hour have requested to begin meeting again. The Board decided that in order to comply with Covid-19 safety precautions, the Library would adjust the seating arrangements to accommodate for social distancing, only one person (with gloves) will handle the coffee pouring, and all attendees wear their masks when not drinking coffee. If these steps are followed, then they can safely resume the program.
- Board Member Reports: The Board voted to change our monthly meeting to the first Tuesday of every month to eliminate an extra trip back to Mead for Director Kylie. Motion made by Mayfield to accept change, seconded by Grasiani. All in favor, motion carried.
- Motion made by Giorgakopoulos to adjourn the meeting at 6:15pm, seconded by Grasiani. All in favor, motion carried.
Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting:
Tuesday, January 5th, 2020 at 530pm at Mead Public Library
Respectfully submitted by Layla Giorgakopoulos, secretary