Mead Public Library Board Meeting Minutes
July 15, 2019
Members Present: Viki Miller(2020), Jennie Grasiani(2022), and Jennifer Lee(2022),
Absent: Layla Giorgakopoulos(2022) and Paulette Mayfield(2020)
Library Staff Present: Director Laurie Van Ackeren
- Call to Order at 635pm. Miller advised of the Open Meeting Act posted on the west wall.
- Visitors- none
- Business Items- Miller advised that State Aid ($798.00 for 2019) is included in the Collection/Material budget line per Ed Schroeder and separate line items will be added in budget for different areas of Technology. Miller also advised per Ed Schroeder to spread additional monies throughout the budget line items.
- Director Report- Van Ackeren reported we are on track concerning our current budget at 71.3% used as of July 2, 2019. Overdrive was significantly higher in June as well as Circulation of Materials. Discussed getting bids on painting South Side of building. New Library Card Application was approved; Motion by Grasiani, seconded by Lee. Motion carried 3-0. Adult Summer Reading Party will be held on Tuesday, August 20 at 7pm and will be an after-hours event with board members bringing snacks to share and public invited to BYOB, if so desired. Soda and snacks will be available to patrons for the party. This is a 21 and over only event and will be closed for patrons under the age of 21. The Mead Library has been invited to host a meeting for all Librarians throughout the Southeast Library System on Sept. 20, 2019. The Friends of the Mead Library will be asked to sponsor the afternoon event by providing cookies and drinks.
- Board Member Reports-Miller will be resigning as Library Board President effective immediately with Jennifer Lee being interim until Sept. 2019. Motion by Miller, seconded by Grasiani. Motion carried 3-0. After Sept., 2019, position will be reviewed by board members. Board approved for Van Ackeren to ask Nick Raver to install rope on the flag pole and to remind Raver to install solar light.
Also discussed was Re-Accreditation which is due to the NE Library Commission on October 1, 2019. Village surveys were reviewed, Van Ackeren will email a short survey to library patrons and findings will be sent over email to board members to discuss at the next library board meeting.
- Approval of Minutes, Bills, Financials, and Monthly Report for June 2019: Motion by Lee to approve Minutes, Bills and Financials, seconded by Grasiani . Motion carried 3-0.
- Motion to Adjourn at 740pm by Grasiani, Seconded by Lee, Motion carried.
Next meeting will be Monday, August 19, 2019 at 530pm