Mead Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- Meeting was called to order by Jen Lee at 5:30pm. Open Meetings Act poster was pointed out on the west wall of the back room.
- Roll Call:
- Members Present-Mayfield, Grasiani, Lee
- Member Absent-Hickman, King
- Also Present-Library Director-Laurie Van Ackeren
- No Guests or Public Items to discuss
- Business Items
- Director’s Report
- Storytime flyers will go home with preschool-third grade.
- Coffee hour has been consistently attended by four people
- We received a grant from the Nebraska Library Commission. Possible uses were discussed.
- The Board has completed their certification classes.
- We are currently doing a 30-day trial of CANVA. Discussed obtaining a paid subscription.
- Additional improvements to the library that would not fall under the NLC grant were discussed.
- Still looking for help with the garden.
- 9/11/21-Special Story Hour with crafts. 10-11
- 9/23/21-National Checkers Game Day
- 9/29/21-Fall Fling 5pm-6pm. Board members will assist.
- FFA still needs to be reimbursed for mulch.
- Board Member Reports-none at this time
- Minutes, Bills, Financials, and Monthly Reports
- Grasiani moved to approve.
- Seconded by Mayfield.
- Motion carried.
- Meeting adjourned at 6:15pm
Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, at 5:30 at Mead Public Library
Respectfully Submitted by