Mead Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- Meeting was called to order by Jen Lee at 6:04 pm. Open Meetings Act poster was pointed out
on the west wall of the back room.
- Roll Call:
- Members Present-Mayfield (2024), Hickman (2024), Lee (2026), Cara Simon (2027), Sara Else (2027)
- Member Absent-
- Also Present-Library Director-Laurie VanAckeren
- Guests or Public Items to discuss:
- Business Items
- Director’s Report
- February stats were reviewed.
- Member amount saved: $1193.31.
- Discussion of summer activities to request funding from Friends of the Library
- Upcoming Events
- Book Club Wed. March 8, 2023. 6:30pm
- Beginner’s Crochet – Thursday, March 9, 2023. 6pm-8pm
- St Patrick’s treat and craft – 3-16
- Adult Bring Your Own Crafts/ Fellowship time- Thursday’s 6-8
- Kids Spring Craft 3/20 4pm-5pm
- Kid’s Movie – 3/29 at 3:30
- Easter Craft after the Egg Hunt
- Policy Review:
- Exhibits, Displays and Bulletin Boards– approved as written.
- Emergency and Safety-Director will explore options for Active Shooter Policies.
- Collection Development – approved as written.
- Board Member Reports:
- Sara Else will work to improve our social media presence.
- Minutes, Bills, Financials, and Monthly Reports for February
- Mayfield moved to approve – Seconded by Hickman.
- Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45
Next Meeting: Tuesday, April 4th at 6pm Mead Public Library
Respectfully Submitted by