Mead Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, July 5, 2022
- Meeting was called to order by Jen Lee at 4:10pm. Open Meetings Act poster was pointed out on the west wall of the back room.
- Roll Call:
- Members Present-Mayfield (2024), Hickman (2024), Lee (2022)
- Member Absent- King (2025), Grasiani (2022)
- Also Present-Library Director-Laurie Van Ackeren
- No Guests or Public Items to discuss
- Business Items
- Due to Laurie’s surgery, hours will be reduced from September 13 – October 10th. Hours will be posted on Facebook, calendar, and the door.
- We request that the Library Calendar be posted on the bulletin board outside the village office.
- Budget was developed.
- Employee evaluations were reviewed.
- Director’s Report
- Circulation and usage stats are all up this month.
- Laurie is STILL waiting for clarification on what is tangible and, therefore, needs to be posted as available versus items that are not tangible and, therefore, can be trashed or donated.
- Thursday, June 23rd-Magician at the Fire Hall-10am-11am – 46 attendees!!!!
- Monday, June 27th – Movie – 2 attended
- Kids craft-6 attended
- Read and feed average -4
- Coffee- average 4
- Story time – average 3
- Summer Reading Program- average 18
- Upcoming Events
- Wednesdays in July-Ocean Craft 10-11am
- Saturday, July 9-Story Time -10-10:45
- Monday, July 11 -Adult Air Fryer Class – 10:30
- Tuesday, July 12 and 19 -1pm-2pm-UNL Chicken eggs
- Tuesday, July 19 -Saunders County Sheriff Deputy to discuss how to identify and avoid scams and hacks -10am
- Thursday, July 21-Balloon Artist- 4pm-5pm
- July 8, 15, 22, and 29 -Garden Engineering for kids entering 3rd -6th
- Board Member Reports-none at this time
- Minutes, Bills, Financials, and Monthly Reports for June
- Mayfield moved to approve.
- Seconded by Hickman.
- Motion carried.
- Meeting adjourned at 5:30pm
Next Meeting: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, at 5:00 at Mead Public Library
Respectfully Submitted by