Mead Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
- Meeting was called to order by Mary Mayfield at 5:00pm. Open Meetings Act poster was pointed out on the west wall of the back room.
- Roll Call:
- Members Present-Mayfield, Grasiani, Hickman
- Member Absent- Lee, King
- Also Present-Library Director-Laurie Van Ackeren
- No Guests or Public Items to discuss.
- Business Items
- Budget and circulation stats look good.
- Laurie has not yet received a response to her email regarding request to change the disposal of items. She will send another email.
- Policy Review: Computer and Internet Use Policy, Public Relations and Marketing Policy, and Patron Behavior Policy were reviewed, revised, and approved. (Moved by Mayfield, 2nd by Hickman).
- Director’s Report
- A plan for garden maintenance was developed and approved.
- Meetings to brainstorm ideas for increasing senior (55+) use of the library were discussed-post cards to be mailed using grant money. Meetings to be held May 2 at 6pm, May 3 at 10am, and via Zoom on May 11 at 8pm.
- Guest Speaker-May 5 6:30-8 pm-Guest speaker trained in Marie Kondo methods of organization visit via Zoom. Participants must sign up to attend.
- Open House-May 7 during garage sales-Friends of the library will host an open house at the library.
- Author visit: May 17th at 10am-Author Jonis Agee will join us in person. She is the author of the 2022 One Book, One Nebraska book: Bones of Paradise.
- Summer Reading-May 23-July 30-Open to ALL ages-Pick up packets after May 23.
- UNL Extension Camp-May 31-June 3-10-11:30am-for students entering Kindergarten-6th grade next year.
- Options for using grant money were brainstormed.
- Board Member Reports-none at this time.
- Minutes, Bills, Financials, and Monthly Reports
- Mayfield moved to approve.
- Seconded by Grasiani.
- Motion carried.
- Meeting adjourned at 6pm
Next Meeting: The 2nd Tuesday of the month: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, at 5:00 at Mead Public Library.
Respectfully Submitted by