Mead Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Meeting was called to order by Jen Lee at 5:45pm. Open Meetings Act poster was pointed out on the west wall of the back room.
- Roll Call:
- Members Present-Mayfield, Hickman, Lee
- Member Absent-Giorgakopoulos, Grasiani
- Also, Present-Library Director-Laurie, Van Ackeren
- No Guests or Public Items to discuss
- Business Items
- Board Members-Tiffany King agreed to serve on the library board pending Village Board approval.
- FFA still needs to be reimbursed for mulch.
- Director’s Report
- Stats-We had excellent participation in summer activities-31 attended the two special activities and a total of 96 took part in on-going activities.
- Current Budget-Board discussed use of remaining training budget.
- New Budget was discussed
- Sustainable Shelf Program-We will utilize our volunteers for this program.
- Replacement of door was discussed.
- Board Certification-hours need to be completed summer.
- Remaining SRP prizes will be used at a “Fall Fling”.
- Garden-Still looking for volunteers to maintain plants on the east, west, and south.
- Board Member Reports-none at this time
- Minutes, Bills, Financials, and Monthly Reports
- Lee moved to approve.
- Seconded by Hickman.
- Motion carried.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:00pm
Next Meeting: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, at 5:30 at Mead Public Library
Respectfully Submitted by
Mary Mayfield, Secretary