Mead Public Library
Board of Trustees Minutes of Meeting
Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021 5:30pm
- Meeting was called to order by President Lee at 5:30pm. The Open Meeting Act Bulletin was pointed out on west wall.
- Roll Call was taken: Lee present, Grasiani present, Mayfield present, Giorgakopoulos present. Also present was our Library Director, Kylie.
- One guest in attendance: Kylee Hickman, our potential new board member, upon approval by Mead Village Board. No public items of discussion.
- Business items: Discussed painting of murals of library book jacket covers on some of the ceiling tiles in library.
- Staff Reports, none.
Director’s Report: Daily Record: 97 patrons, Storytime: 4, Craft kits: 32, Coffee Hour Program attendance: 4, In-Library Circulation: 239, Overdrive Circulation: 94 Total: 333, Member Amount Saved: $1555.05 (In Library) $2350.00 (OverDrive) Total: $3,905.50
- Review of Budget spending in February. 2. Bibliostat / Public Library Survey completed.
- Discussed dates to Spring Clean basement and storage closets. Mary & Kylee H. will do this during the first weeks of summer in June. 4. Discussed upcoming Summer Reading Program. Director Kylie will be having “in-person” Summer Reading Program with access to “Reader’s Zone” online to track time, number of books, etc. 5. Will discuss with Friends group to have bake sale and book sale at the Mead Garage Sale, and will check with Dalene about having a booth for the Library at Mead Days June 18th-19th.
- Board Members Reports: We are in the process of getting bids on a new furnace for the Library. Chosen bid would be integrated into budget proposal for 2021/2022 fiscal year. President Lee dropped off the new replacement door for Library side exit. Will contact Steve from Ceresco for a bid to have installed. Board member Mayfield will be fulfilling the 6-hour continuing education requirement that needs to be completed by August 21st for board recertification.
- Mayfield made a motion to approve all bills and financials, minutes and monthly reports for February 2021. Motion was seconded by Grasiani. Lee, yes, Grasiani, yes, Giorgakopoulos, yes, Mayfield, yes. Motion carried.
- Motion to adjourn made by Lee, seconded by Grasiani. Meeting adjourned at 6:20pm.
Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: April 6th, 2021, 5:30pm at Mead Public Library.